February 16, 2012

Update - A Post From Santiago


The experience here in Scottsdale at the Celebration of Fine Art has been nothing short of AMAZING. Truly an experience of a lifetime. I miss my family (especially my kids) and that has been the hardest part of the show, just having them so far away. Over the last year I have made the transition to being a full time artist. Up until this point I have been running my VW restoration business, another part time job on the side, and painting with every free second that I have (which often means I do not sleep). So many things have fallen into place and I wanted to share part of my evolution as an artist that has happened over the last 6 weeks since I arrived in Arizona.


I will always remain passionate about VWs and painting them but the dynamics of this show has opened up a lot of doors for me to not be constrained in my subject matter. I love everything vintage - motorcycles, trains, and any type of classic car but I have always loved painting figurative pieces first and fore most. And now I am painting all of these things that I love and that is really exciting!

Here are some of my new pieces. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! I will be enjoying this long holiday weekend with my family, but of course I will still be at the show every day if you are in Scottsdale and have a chance to stop by.











No comments:

Popular Posts