November 1, 2009

Sargent Replica

The truth is I have tons of new work that I will be posting about over the coming weeks. The only problem is, with everything I have done recently, I just don't know where to start. So, I'm going to tell you about one of the assignments I was most excited about.

I have really come to love and respect the artist Sargent. In working with Sean, and as part of the process of determining where I want to go and how I want to paint, my assignment was to replicate a Sargent painting exactly, stroke for stroke how he did it. This is the piece that I chose to use.

The goal - for me to learn how he problem solved through his process of painting. And this is a picture of my copy. I've very happy with how it turned out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love Sargent, too. I am so proud of you! Love, Ali

Popular Posts