July 25, 2012

Art on The Rockies

Here is a recap of my first summer show. It was a really great experience/adventure!

Setting Up My Booth

Matt Sievers (friend and fellow artist) and I hard at work setting up the pro panels.

Water break - it was a hot day!

All set up and ready to hang paintings.

We hung the larger pieces first and then fit in the smaller ones.

We used a nicely shaded park picnic table to make my sign.

The finished product.

My wife takes a lot of pictures!

I was happy with how it turned out.
Day 1 Of The Show

It started out so nice but by early afternoon we were getting so much rain that all the crowds went home.
The local newspaper featured the art show on the front page and included a write up about me and my work.

This area of Colorado was absolutely beautiful!
Final Booth Set Up















Day 2 Of The Show


The forecast for the second day was the same but we were very grateful the wind/rain stayed away until one hour before the show was supposed to end.

There were so many people at the show it was great to see the support of the community for the arts.


Within a few minutes a major storm moved in and we packed the trailer with wet gear in a downpour.
Thanks to everyone that was able to come and support Art On The Rockies. A very special thanks to the committee who planned and organized such a great event and took good care of us (I especially loved the food!).

Despite the weather it was such a good experience that I will be headed back to Colorado this weekend. Hope to see you there!



Aspen Arts Festival
Monarch St (between Durant Ave and Main St)
Aspen, Colorado
July 28th - 29th 2012
10:00 am - 5:00 pm


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have just found your blog and website via pinterest. May I just say, as an artist who loves figurative work, Volkswagen Kombi vans and your particular brushwork style I am instantly a fan! I will be following along. Thanks for being inspirational!

Popular Posts